Monday, May 14, 2012

Armidale and NEGS

I did do some teaching in Australia. Apparently I didn't take too many photos, but here's the lovely town of Armidale:
This is where I lived

Here's an evening shot of the music block

One of the neighbors

And the chapel

I realize that it's a little silly that the only photo I have of the music block is at sunset, but this is typically how I saw it, if not later in the day, so that's an authentic memory.

Maybe this is something that people in the US do and I've just missed it, but a bonfire is a very Australian thing.

I got to go out to a farm with my friend Julia one weekend and we cooked stew in this massive pit. They spread coals from the fire along the bottom and then covered the skillets with more coals and they basically cooked like a slow cooker only even better.

On my last night in Armidale we went out to celebrate one of my roommate's birth day and here is a photo of my lovely roommates (and friends):

No comments:

Post a Comment