Monday, May 14, 2012

Sydney - Days 2-3

On Tuesday I went to the Museum of Modern Art where I saw this:



And this:




And several video art pieces which, to be honest, are not really my thing. Though, I think that this might be obvious by the fact that I'm gravitating towards comic book heros and horror story characters.


There was also this:
Which made me laugh.


I ended the day by going to see a ballet at the Sydney Opera House. The first piece was a modern dance, the second one was a dance narrated by people who couldn't quite remember the story of "Swan Lake," and the last was based on a traditional Aboriginal Australian story and aboriginal dance. I made the mistake of leaving for the ballet without my umbrella and, though it wasn't a downpour, there was a definite steady drizzle happening. Happily, this meant that I showed up at the opera house tired from an day of running around the city and also looking not entirely unlike a homeless person. This is actually a lot more fun than it sounds. I like to imagine that all of the beautifully-coifed people in their formal wear were at least a little discomfited by my damp and frizzy appearance. It's like two shows at once!


On Wednesday I discovered the best part of Sydney, China Town and Paddy's Market. I call it "the best" because it is the best. It's the best. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures because I was too excited to be there...because it's the best. Imagine a building made entirely of Hello Kitty and filled with yummy, delicious sushi. That's kind of what this was like. The only downside? The movie store had no Jackie Chan (boo!).

No comments:

Post a Comment